Go to www.novels that rock.weebly.com for the latest Informatio!!

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Teaser Blog Hop 03/10/2013




Okay, here is another teaser for Only Love, the second novel in The Atonement Series, that premieres on Friday, March 15th on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Smashwords and All Romance. This is a taste of what Colin is going through as yes, he gets a say in the sequel and his point of view is interesting indeed. I hope you agree! 


Be sure to add this novel to your Goodreads TBRs!

Excerpt

“Hey, can I bum a smoke?”
Colin handed the young woman a Camel Crush and she took it from him, her fingers brushed against his before she sat down across from him with an espresso shot. “Do you have a match?”
He handed her his Zippo lighter and she lit the cigarette with expertise before she handed it back to him. “It’s Cassie, right?”
She scratched her nose with a perfectly clean and manicured fingernail. “Short for Constanzia but Cassie is easier to pronounce and I would vomit if people called me Connie…it reminds me of the chick from The Godfather movies who always let her husband beat her like it was goin' out of style and she always had to call Sonny to save her dumb ass.”
Colin laughed out loud. “Are all of you okay with yet another person bossing you around? I realize this is sudden but Deirdre needed a partner and I stepped in. I hope I am not pissing anyone off.”
Cassie glared at him with cool brown eyes. “We don’t really notice as long as we get paid. The former owner had an issue with that and I think everyone is just happy to have owners who remember employees don’t work for free. It’s just a gig until I finish up at UC San Diego. Not that I have a clue what I am going to do with a freakin’ journalism major now that everything has gone to shit.”
“Well, when you first decided on what you were going to major in, what did you think would happen? There is a reason why so many people pick something generic like Business for instance. There is a lot you can do with the degree especially if you plan to get your MBA.”
“Rich people maybe because MBAs don’t exactly grow on trees you know and they are very expensive to pursue.” She slipped the cigarette between her lips and inhaled before she put the butt out in a plastic ashtray. “To be honest, I don’t know what happens after school for me but I guess I will just roll with it. Right now, this job is doing what it’s supposed to be and that keeps me occupied and my mind off the boys.”
Colin laughed out loud at that statement. “Yes, because men in college are so much more sophisticated than men in high school. I don’t know how young women do it but then again, it’s been a while since I went through the whole university thing and really, if I was smart, I certainly wouldn’t be flirting with you.”
Cassie pursed her lips before she looked into his eyes. “Why’s that? I’m legal and I know you are older…you’ve got to be late twenties or maybe even thirty…but I’m not jailbait. You sleeping with me isn’t going to get me or you in any kind of trouble.”

To be Continued...

Be sure to pick up a copy of Only Love if you want to find out whether these two get it on or not...from the preview, those who read Atonement can see everything isn't exactly swell in paradise. Ta da for now and enjoy your weekend!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like she's really down on her luck. Maybe Colin will help with that? ;-)

Erin said...

Sounds like a great book, even though Cassie seems down. Might have to pick up the first one to see what's going on.

Bethany Lopez Author said...

Great teaser. I'd like to know more about Colin!

Drea Shane said...

Trouble huh? She sounds like trouble :) lol. He's in for it! Can't wait to read more!

Unknown said...

Great teaser! Sounds like a good book.

Rebecca said...

Is she sure? ;) I think he might be in a whole heap of trouble soon.

Unknown said...

heh heh heh...nice ;)

Christie Rich said...

Wow, she's trouble and he's in for it :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments, ladies! Seriously, this novel has really been a joy to write but I am stressed as all get out letting it out to the world! It's always hard when you know you've pushed the envelope and readers might love it or hate it but I can truly say it is some of my best work yet in Contemporary Romance / Women's Lit / New Adult genre and I hope it is a satisfying read to most of my fans, friends, and colleagues who decide to take a chance on it!