Go to www.novels that rock.weebly.com for the latest Informatio!!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

An author's work is never done!

Argh! Apologies to the few fans I must have which follow this blog. Not only is it the last week of school (two more finals to go) but I have been trying to turn my novella into an ePub document (without success so far but we'll see how that goes), have also signed up for Barnes & Noble.com, re-vamped my cover for the Kindle version and have completed a ROW edition (Rest of The World for the uninitiated).

If I might try to explain in not so many words, I have a lot of friends who live outside the States and as English isn't their native language, I didn't want them to have to also have a measurement book next to them as they read my novel. For their sakes, in the ROW edition, I use the metric system of measurement and the euro/pound as opposed to the dollar. Yes, it was a lot of work but to me it was worth it.

I also have posted my first Craigslist ad in the Las Vegas section; it was a bit scary at first and I don't know what will come of it (most of the books on sale were from UNLV and CSN; mine lists a link to my Amazon Kindle book page and also has the two new covers I used).

It's a bit confusing because I wanted to use the color version for B&N (and CreateSpace) but the black and white was used. On Kindle, the B&W is the ROW edition;  the color is the U.S. edition. As Kindle is the only place I will be selling the ROW edition, I hope I haven't confused people.

In other news, I leave for France in less than two weeks and I can't even start to get excited about it because I am still preoccupied by my book. As I am the neurotic type, what will I do once uni ends officially at the end of this week?

And the other change, I am claiming my name back. All new editions of my novellas will be written under Blanchard Benson; once The Beautiful People series is over, I will no longer use Benson at all in my writing career. The marriage was dreadful, the divorce even more so; the quicker I can shed that dreary name in public, the better.

Without further ado, here are the new covers. I believe this reflect the essence of the book better than the lovely statues I photographed myself mostly at Versailles. In case anyone is wondering where the photos are from, there are many royalty-free sites where you can find hundreds of thousands of stock photos to use for your book. I use depositphoto.com as they offered a week for free to try it out and I think they are an awesome site!

(Amazon Kindle) http://www.amazon.com/Proposal-Book-Beautiful-People-ebook/dp/B00512EI28/
(Barnes & Noble) http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Proposal/Danielle-Blanchard-Benson/e/2940012571991/
(CreateSpace) https://www.createspace.com/3614624

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed you mentioned having some trouble with the epub version of your novella. If you need help converting your manuscripts to Kindle (mobi) or Nook (epub) or Smashwords formats, let me know. I've done it for several authors with good results.

http://www.ebookfab.com

Unknown said...

I actually figured it out on my own if you can believe that. I transfer my Word docs over to HTML and check them over there. It was a character I happened to use which wouldn't format properly! Thank the white bearded man in the sky as I can't figure out ePub for the life of me nor would I want to if I am being completely honest. ;-)