Go to www.novels that rock.weebly.com for the latest Informatio!!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ch-Ch-Changes...

Who ever accused artists of being temperamental creatures and absolute train wrecks wasn't too wrong. This isn't so much a post I really wanted to write as what I am about to tell you is going to take the whole month of June before everything is the way it should be. Mind you, I am also busy writing and trading emails back and forth to my editor, chatting on Facebook (well, that goes out the window along with spending a choice amount of time on Kindleboards)...

Boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen: I have decided to do a major name change in regards to The Vamp Saga books. I have been thinking about it for some time now as if any paranormal fan who has picked up a Sookie Stackhouse book already knows, the word "dead" is in every title. I felt like a copycat using the same vein and tacking on "death" or "dead" in every title but I did it anyway.

Then I am perusing a website of a fellow paranormal author and she has a new book which will be released in July. Guess what it's called? Come on, take a wild guess! Death Wish of course...

Now, the same name for different books isn't new but a lot of paranormal authors have gimicks if you would like to call them that. JR Ward has "lover" in every Black Dagger Brotherhood novel; my friend Shea MacLeod uses "kissed" in every one of her Morgan Bailey novels; Jeaniene Frost loves the word "grave" in her Cat and Bones vampire series and it works quite well if I may say so myself.

A fellow author and I were talking and although the title changes for the novels which have already been released will be small, and as follows:

Death Lair will renamed Immortal Lair; Death Wish will be renamed Mortal Death, Better off Dead will become Better off Immortal and Queen of the Undead will be renamed Queen of the Immortals.

What does this mean for you? Well, as soon as I have made the changes on Amazon, I will let KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) know so everyone who bought a copy from there can have an updated copy with the updated title. Nothing in the books will change, mind you, except the title.

I hope this makes the series seem more of a paranormal romance series as opposed to one about women sleuths and female detectives (my friend told me some of my current titles had "thriller" written all over them).

As I said before, the only change is the title and the covers will eventually reflect that but I won't change the novels on any of the e-book websites until I have heard back from my cover designers and can get an ETA as to when the covers can be changed.

In the meantime, I have changed the cover for The Omnibus Collection (the only one in my control) and here it is:


Yeah, I know. My cover making skills are subpar at best which is why I hire professionals. The only bad part about that scenario is you have no control of when changes are actually made.

I hope this doesn't turn into a major deal and hopefully it will be a relatively smooth transition. I will also put some info about it on the actual page for The Vamp Saga too.

Thanks again for your support and happy Tuesday to all. ;-)

No comments: