Go to www.novels that rock.weebly.com for the latest Informatio!!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Let's Get Digital & Other Books in regards to self-publishing.



I have a confession to make. I really do like reading fiction and my TBR list is so freakin' long at the moment, I think I will have to start actually planning a schedule of what books I should read next. A good friend of mine, David,  gifted me a copy of his latest book on self-publishing. The book is free in PDF form on his website but I will also list the links for Amazon and Smashwords websites where the book can be bought.

Some of the myths David shatters in the book are the same myths which held me back for so very long. I thought I would never make any money, I needed a "real" job, writers are just overly dramatic people and so with each rejection that inevitably would show up from an agent, my spine toughened and I tried to keep the big picture in mind. I would publish whether it was the last think I ever did. There might be obvious gatekeepers but they aren't God and I was determined to usurp them and undermine their authority.

This book is a wealth of information because it gives an overall picture of how much money there is to be made out of self publishing. There are many indie authors who many every day people may have never heard of but who are raking it in (and making a healthy profit to boot). They prove the theory if you produce a quality product, hire an editor, format your ebook correctly and have a professional cover, there is money to be made even if during this worldwide recession.

If you are a writer, poet or author and  truly are thinking about self publishing then LGD is the Bible and you definitely need to read it from the first page to the last.

Let's Get Digital is available at the following Retailers:
Smashwords (I highly recommend anyone outside the Amazon Kindle zone to buy from here to avoid excess fees and overages):  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/74884
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lets-Get-Digital-Self-Publish-ebook/dp/B005DC68NI


If you prefer lighter reading, Mike Cooley has released Traditional Publishing Is My Bitch! (and other Inflammatory Remarks), a funny self-deprecating non-fiction piece by an ultra cool indie-author who doesn't take himself too seriously.

Traditional Publishing Is My Bitch! is available at the following retailers for FREE!
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/80052
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/traditional-publishing-is-my-bitch-mike-cooley/1104808425

List price for TPIMB is 99 cents below
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Traditional-Publishing-inflammatory-remarks-ebook/dp/B005HFQ2JG




No comments: